Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wendy Rule is Coming to Town


The hot ticket in Minneapolis this Spring is a one night only engagement featuring Witchy Songstress Wendy Rule all the way from down under at the Cedar Cultural Center. I was informed by my sister that tickets are selling fast already, so I bought my pair online from Eye of Horus. Kari Tauring and Felonious Bosch will also be performing that night, and none other than storyteller Steven Posch will be the MC for the event. This concert is near and dear to my heart, as I love music and ritual and both will happen on that Wednesday evening in May. I LOVE Wendy Rule's music, I have The Lotus Eaters in my CD collection, and Kari and Steven are friends of mine. It's two months away, but already I know this is going to be a night to remember!

Kari teaches a Norse Shamanic Staving class at Eye of Horus, and I think I might start becoming a regular at that. I went once and I learned so much...it was a fantastic experience. I've heard Steven's storytelling at the Second Floor Gallery in Eye of Horus, as well as at a friend's house by firelight this past December. It was a tremendously warm experience. Art is an expression of the human soul, and bringing artists together is a Very Good Thing.

No comments: