Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sea Shanties

One of the funnest kinds of folk music out there are sea shanties. Maybe it's the influence of Shanty Man over at folkthyme radio, or it's just growing up with boats in the land of 10,000 lakes, but they hold a special place in my heart. I wish I could just sing while I worked, of course I talk for a living so that wouldn't go over very well. But I found a lovely sea song, which strictly speaking is not a shanty, and I just wanted to share it with you all.



She says that this is a work in progress, but to me it seems pretty much complete. It's a lovely and inspirational tune. She also appears to play the dulcimer left handed, which is interesting to see. It's a lovely song and one that I want to visit again and again, that's why I posted it here.

No comments: