Sunday, April 22, 2007

Monday Morning Purples


The purples beat the blues any day. Case in point is my Monday - Sprite of Inspiration:


As one of the Seven Daily Sprites, Monday was painted on her namesake day. After working for years strictly from references, I was inspired to do a series based entirely on intuition and what was happening with the paint. In order not to get a blob of ugliness, I limited my palette to be mostly monochromatic. This piece was painted in 2004, and I'm finally releasing the 11 x 14 inch original oil painting for sale. She has been an inspiration to me for three years, now it's time for her to move on.

Many people I know consider purple to be one of their favorite colors, and it's definitely mine. When I was a senior in high school all my cloths were different shades of purple, and I wore purple eyeshadow and eyeliner every day. Some people place different meanings with colors, and that is as true with purple as with every other color.

Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.

Colors are healing and have esoteric properties as well.

For color therapy, the color Purple assists with: Healing, power, strength, and spirituality.

Another one of the powerful and intense colors, purple when used correctly can enhance and strengthen healing and assist us in our journey towards true spirituality. Look for people you know to be spiritual "in-tune" and I am sure you will find some shade of the color purple on them.

In Astrology, the color Purple represents the star sun sign of Pisces.
Purple for Pisces...got it. I must be in-tune spiritually more often than I thought!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful angel picture, Beth. You are a very talented artist and I enjoyed browsing your galleries. I'm a collector of fantasy art and I would like to invite you to my Werewolfking's Howl blog at www.werewolfking.blogspot.com

Please feel free to comment on my art collection.