Thursday, January 24, 2008

Roads and Inspirations

Sometimes I feel lost by the path before me, and I think of this quote from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien:

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”


And so I know that adventures may await me, even in my most mundane tasks in life. There are many dull things we have to do to get through the day so we can lose ourselves in adventures each night. Cleaning and paperwork are my least favorite things, but when they're done, the day goes quicker and the evening with it's books or TV shows comes. There is a satisfaction that follows a job well done or an organized desktop. That may be all the adventure I have for today.

No comments: