Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Puja Puja

I might have to rename my blog again. This time it might be Strum Pluck Drone & Shimmy. Tonight I went to my first ATS Bellydance class. The ATS stands for American Tribal Style, and I really love it! It's going to be an excellent work out for me as well, many of the movements are done with your arms over your head, which boosts the heart rate and works the shoulders at the same time. Here is a video of what I want to look like in a year's time:





I'll keep my red hair of course, but they look so majestic! That video has an interview with the founder of the style of bellydance. My teacher has a blog, Tasha-Rose: ATS is Religion, which deserves tons and tons of followers. Clearly I'll be going back again next week, as I had really fabulous time. I shook the dust off my hips, and lucky for me they remembered those shimmies I learned 5 years ago. This is going to be a delight!

Now I need to find some Mountain Dulcimer tabs for Middle Eastern music and I'll be all set. Since I've moved on to the Mountain Dulcimer, I did have a conversation with FolkCraft today. My dulcimer is built and they are working on finishing it, then it needs to be strung. It should ship in a couple of days, FedEx Ground, so there is a real possiblity I'll have it in my hands by the end of next week. Yay!

No comments: