Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Three Wyrd Sisters

Once upon a time there were three sisters, one witch, one changeling, one vampire. Oh and did I mention that they were born of a human mother and a faery father? No? Well it's true as fiction. There's a delightful new series in the works by Yasmine Galenorn, and I quite enjoyed the first book, Witchling, a while back. Now the next book, Changeling, is available just in time for my birthday!

There's nothing like a supernatural detective story with a female protaganist, and this series offers up three of them. The baddies are complex, the good guys are too, and I really am enjoying this sexy, witchy romp that crosses magical borders. It's a nice break from all the metaphysical reading I've been doing lately, and at the same time strangely supportive of my world view.

So I do hope Changeling shows up around my birthday, I'd be more proactive about it except I already ordered myself a B-Day present. I have no idea what my twin wants, but the party is at my place so maybe playing hostess is enough for her, or maybe I can gift her my used Witchling to see if she likes it.

No comments: