Friday, June 26, 2009

Celtic & Ren Faire Music


One of my favorite things to do is listen to live music, with my favorite being folk and celtic music. I am longing to get out and do some singing you see, which can be kind of difficult without an instrument to sing along to. I tried taking up the guitar a couple of times, the first time in high school with a six string, the second time in my late twenties with a twelve string. I loved the sound of the twelve string, but my tiny fingers had problems with holding down two strings and a time. But all those strings sure were yummy!

Fast forward to last Saturday night, when my husband and I went to see Riverfolk play at the Riverview Cafe & Wine Bar. When I saw Becca pull out an Autoharp memories of my childhood flooded back to me. You see my grade school had an Autoharp and they let me take it home to play with. I sat for hours strumming away on it, and I remember that I was loathe to return it to school after the weekend. A quick search on Autoharp and it yeilded some fabulous YouTube videos.

Next weekend is CONvergence, can you beleive it? Riverfolk is scheduled to play Friday Night in the Harmonic Convergence Room, and I'm certainly going to make an effort to go hear them play again.

No comments: