Friday, October 3, 2008

Autumn is for Apples

The story begins:

"A certain king had a beautiful garden, and in the garden stood a tree which bore golden apples..."
Autumn is a magical time for me, and this year is even more magical because of the glorious apple tree in front of our house. It's our first autumn here and the tree is bursting with apples. They are small, and slightly bitter, but they are OUR apples. Sort of a welcome gift from the land itself. I took the photo above just as the morning light was hitting the leaves, here and there, and I had lots of fun with the camera. Our little apples are pale green and turning red. I'm not sure what variety they are, but I hope to find out someday. The may not be the golden apples of legend, but they are enough to name our home Applewood Cottage and that's good enough for me.

No comments: