Sunday, October 5, 2008

On a Rainy Day

On a rainy day like today I love to sit inside with a warm cup of tea and read. But today I promised my sister I'd go to Pagan Pride and join her at the Eye of Horus table there and keep her company, and then later there will be a Reiki Circle for me to join in on. Yesterday was cool and sunny and much was accomplished here at Applewood Cottage. The day began with a visit to Caribou Coffee where I hoped to sit by a roaring fire. Well, the fire was fake, so I was a bit dissappointed, but I loved the atmosphere anyway. Some quality time away from home with the hubby is always welcome too.

After that we picked up a filter for the furnace because it was getting cold at night and we hadn't turned it on yet. While we were there we passed an aisle full of bulbs that need planting now so they would bloom in the spring. Naturally I bought some, a pair of purple iris bulbs for May colorand a bunch of crocus that should should announce the arrival of Spring sometime around March.

Once back home I devoted three hours to getting Saturday Sprite added to Wyrdhaven Workshop, with Halloween coming up I really wanted to have something a bit more otherworldly on the site. So here she is in a long-sleeved T:


And I'm glad to have this blog to feature her in, because the CafePress home page is all about politics and is ignoring one of my favorite holidays, Halloween. Honestly, they should have an alternate home page people can click to who are sick to death of all the election crap out there. I already know who I'm voting for, so I don't really want to hear all the arguing and bickering going on between the two camps. More pumpkins, less bulldogs with lipstick, do you hear what I'm saying?

But more on Saturday Sprite, she is one of the Seven Daily Sprites, a series that I painted a couple of years ago. Every day has an energy, and Saturday is about protection and getting things into balance. It is also the threshold between worlds, one week and the next, because I start my week with Sunday not with the workweek. The original sold at Eye of Horus, and I know it went to a very good home, somebody who had worked hard at creating a balanced life. I love the way she looks on the products, and I especially love her on the tile as well:


With all the things I'm doing in my life, it's frustrating not to have more time to update the Workshop. But I'm working on getting all my artwork up there, even though it is just a piece at a time.

No comments: